Thursday, April 25, 2013

He said yes...now where do I start?

I don't know about you, but my husband is the type to change his mind or second guess himself a lot,  so I knew I had to act fast.  But for once, I did know one thing now that I'd never known before, and that was a definite date. As fast as I could I went to the Disney website and booked a trip for 4 nights at the Art of Animation Value Resort, along with the Dining Plus Plan and tickets without park hopper or water park options. I'll share how or why I made those choices at a later time. 

Although, I found the Disney website very informative and user friendly the system did go down frequently.  And when it came down to making my payment for the trip,  guess what, it went down. Oh no! I needed to solidify this trip before Rudy changed his mind again, so I immediately picked up the phone and called Disney. Little did I know this would be a blessing in disguise! The rep had to rebook my trip and her total was @ $400 cheaper,  WOOHOO!!! But there was just one problem,  my debit credit card would not go through, it had a max daily limit on it.  Bummer...I was going to have to call my bank to get my limit raised to pay for my trip. 

Although,  I started to feel like maybe it was not meant for me to take the trip,  I realized that this was just a normal part of a big transaction,  especially if you have to pay in one lump sum.  So the next morning, I called my bank got my limit increased for a few days to pay for my trip and the airfare.  After calling Disney and there being a long wait time, I decided to book online.  I finally booked the trip in desperation for $400 more than the rep's quote.  I also booked my flight on Southwest Airlines website and was able to catch a special that was about to end.  (The airfare special was the motivating factor that helped my husband to decide to go to WDW in the first place). I later called and talked to the rep about the lower price I'd been quoted, and BAM, she lowered it $536 and offered me the Photo Pass Plus  for $169, which was a Godsend at Disney!

This was a major step forward for us, it was also a little intimidating as we had never taken a trip like this before and my family had never flown before. We are just some small town Texans happy to take a little road trip here or there. But ready or not, we were on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment